UC Systemwide Copyright Policies and Resources
UC Copyright Policies
- 1992 Policy on Copyright Ownership
- 1986 Policy and Guidelines on the Reproduction of Copyrighted Materials for Teaching and Research
- 1985 Policy for Off-Air Recording of Broadcast Programming for Educational Purposes
- Digital Copyright Protection at the University of California
- Index to UC Policies
Related UC Policies and Guidelines
- Contracts and Grants Manual:
- Intellectual Property and Related Matters (Chapter 11)
- Publication Policy and Guidelines on Rights to Results of Extramural Projects or Programs (Chapter 1: Academic Policy, Section 410)
- 2000 Electronic Communication Policy:
- Intellectual Property ( Section D: Allowable Uses, Section 10)
- 1999 Guidelines for Compliance with the Online Service Provider Provisions of the DMCA
- 1997 Patent Policy
- 1985 Presidential Policy to Permit Use of the University's Name
- 1985 Presidential Policy to Permit Use of the Unofficial Seal
- University of California Policies Applying to Campus Activities, Organizations, and Students:
- Policy on Student Conduct and Discipline (see Section 102.23)
Related UC Documents and Resources
- Copyright Matters. Office of Technology Transfer (OTT).
- Digital Copyright Protection at the University of California. Information Resources and Communications (IR&C).
- What is a Copyright Notice?Copyright Matters. Office of Technology Transfer (OTT).
- 1999 Report and Recommendations. University-wide Task Force on Copyright.
- 1997 Report of the Advisory Group on Copyright: An Important Commodity in UC-Industry Relationships.
- 1996 Working Draft on Copyright Legislation and Scholarly Communication: Basic Principles.
Related UC Units and Committees
- Department of Academic Initiatives
- Information Resources and Communications
- Office of Research
- Office of Technology Transfer (OTT)
- Office of the General Counsel of the Regents
- Standing Committee on Copyright
UCOP DMCA Designated Agent:
- Kristine Hafner
- Acting Associate Vice President
- Information Resources and Communication
- 300 Lakeside Drive, #751
Oakland, CA 94612
Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) Campus Contacts