Library Cards

UC Faculty and Academic Staff

Where and When to Obtain Library Cards

The BruinCard is the official identification and service card for UCLA faculty. BruinCards can be obtained at the BruinCard Center in Kerckoff Hall, Room 123. Other UC faculty can obtain cards at the circulation desks of the Arts, Louise M. Darling Biomedical, College, Hugh and Hazel Darling Law, Eugene and Maxine Rosenfeld Management, Music, Charles E. Young Research, and Science and Engineering (all locations) libraries. 

Faculty Authorization Library Cards

Academic users, including other UC and, by special agreement, CALINET faculty, can authorize another individual to conduct Library business on behalf of the faculty member or for a faculty-sponsored research project and can obtain a faculty authorization Library card with academic loan privileges for that individual. This privilege is not available to visiting scholars or postdoctoral scholars.

To obtain a faculty authorization card, both the faculty member and the authorized user must be present at the time of issuance to sign the application. The faculty member must present a currently valid UCLA Library card, and the authorized user must present a photographic ID. The campus address of the faculty member is required. Cards are issued for one year or less and can be renewed with a letter from the faculty member on official university stationery. Authorized users must be at least eighteen years of age.

A faculty member's signature on the application constitutes acknowledgment of responsibility for all materials checked out by the authorized user. All recall notices, fines, and bills will be sent to the faculty member. Faculty members are responsible for informing the Library if and when card privileges should be terminated before the card's expiration to prevent unauthorized use.