A total of $10,000 is available for the 2013-14 academic year:
- Awards of $1,000 each for instructors teaching courses with enrollments of fewer than two hundred students
- Awards of $2,500 each for instructors teaching courses with enrollment of two hundred or more students
Collection development awards may also be designated to build or enhance library collections to support specific courses.
Each applicant must be the instructor of record. Courses can be at the undergraduate or graduate level but must be for enrolled students (i.e., not UCLA Extension courses).
Mail print applications to: UCLA Library Affordable Course Materials Initiative; 11334 Charles E. Young Research Library; Mailcode 157511. Email electronic applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will receive confirmation notices when their application forms are received.
All applicants are also required to attend a one-hour workshop at which Library staff members will introduce search strategies and possible sources for open-access or low-cost instructional resources, and applicants can share ideas with one another and brainstorm; see dates below.
Applications will be reviewed by a small committee that includes UCLA faculty honored for their teaching accomplishments.
- For Fall Quarter 2013 courses: The application period has closed.
- For Winter Quarter 2014: The application period has closed.
- For Spring Quarter 2014: Applications are due by Friday, November 1. Workshop dates TBD
Awardees will be notified by Friday, November 22. Each awardee will be assigned an individual librarian, who will work personally with him or her to assist with locating materials.
For Further Information
If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com or call 310.825.6925.