UCLA Student Film Shoot Guidelines
Students interested in doing a film shoot in the Powell Library Building must first meet with Kelly Miller, head of the College Library. She can be reached by email or by phone at 310.825.6522.
- The UCLA Events Office location confirmation form must be completed and submitted to the Events Office.
- One person connected with the shoot must act as the liaison between the film crew and College Library administration. This person will be responsible for making sure that these guidelines are adhered to by all individuals involved with the shoot.
- The film shoot schedule must be submitted to the College Library administration for approval by the head of College Library at least two weeks prior to the date requested.
- Crews are responsible for the safety and security of their equipment. There is no storage in the Powell Library Building.
- Equipment cannot be left overnight or unattended during the day. This is a liability and security issue.
- Any deliveries of equipment or supplies must be made by appointment between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointments must be scheduled in advance. A loading dock pass is required if the Powell Library Building's loading dock is to be utilized for deliveries. Please contact the head of the College Library to arrange for a pass. There is a $12 fee for the pass for those without a valid UCLA parking pass.
- The film shoot must take place between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Filming will not be allowed in the evenings, on weekends, on holidays, or during tenth or finals weeks.
- Crews are responsible for cleaning up and disposing their trash inside the Powell Library Building and in the courtyard. Crews should bring their own trash bags or arrange for a cardboard trash container through the UCLA Events Office.
- The shoot must end on time; this includes clean-up.