Which is Which? What is Where?
WANT TO GET AN A IN THIS CLASS?
Complete all parts of this exercise.
This is an exercise to practice:
- Interpreting citations correctly
- Distinguishing among a variety of citations, regardless of the citation style
- Evaluating citations based on three criteria: recency, scope, and scholarly vs. popular publication
- Using a UC or UCLA library catalog to find locations and call numbers for all citations
Below is a link to 6 citations from various types of sources, in various citation styles.
In the blank next to each citation, indicate whether it is:
- B = Book
- C = Chapter or essay in a book
- P = Periodical (magazine or journal article)
Find locations and call numbers to all 3 citations using either catalog and list them on your sheet.
Answer these questions by listing the number of the appropriate citation:
- Which citation is most current?
- Which is a scholarly journal article?
- Which is a scholarly book?