Special Print Collection
- Kariforunia Daigaku Rosanzerusu-kō shozō Nihon kotenseki mokuroku カリフォルニア大学ロサンゼルス校所蔵日本古典籍目錄 / 鈴木淳, 三木身保子編. 東京: 刀水書房, 2000: A catalog of old and rare Japanese materials held by UCLA Library Special Collections and the East Asian Library
- Japanese Textbooks Collection (Kyōkasho to fukukyōzai 教科書と副教材): A collection of 278 textbooks and sub-textbooks (in 409 pieces) written in Japanese for various subjects originally published between 1901 and 1973 (the bulk of the collection published before 1945); includes fifteen textbooks and sub-textbooks of the Japanese language for foreigners; publication places vary among Japan, Dalian Shi (China), Honolulu, Pasadena, and Los Angeles.
- Bakumatsu Meijiki kaigai tokōsha jinbutsu jōhō jiten 幕末明治期海外渡航者人物情報事典 = Directory of Japanese Visitors Overseas 1861-1912 / 手塚晃, 石島利男共編. 野々市町, 石川県: 金沢工業大学, 2003: A database of biographical information about Japanese individuals who traveled abroad between 1861 and 1912
- Chūgoku kankei ronsetsu shiryō sakuin 中国関係論説資料索引. 東京: 論説資料保存会: The latest index (v.1-47) to Chūgoku kankei ronsetsu shiryō, an annual compilation of academic journal articles published in Japan on Chinese studies
- Dōmei Tsūshinsha "Shashin tokuhō" korekushon 同盟通信社「写真特報」コレクション. 東京: 経葉社, 2001: A reproduction of the "Domei photo news" by the Domei News Agency, originally published between 1935 and 1944
- Fujin sansei kankeshi shiryō naiyō saimoku ichiran 婦人参政関係史資料内容細目一覧. 東京: 市川房枝記念会, 2000: An index to the microfilm collection entitled Fujin sansei kankei shiryō, which reproduces more than 2,600 primary source materials in 80,000 items including pamphlets, posters, letters, diaries, and documents originally collected by Fusen Kakutoku Dōmei, a main organization of Japanese women campaigning for the right to vote, with which Ichikawa Fusae, a feminist, politician, and leader of the prewar women's suffrage movement, was heavily involved.
- Keidanren shūhō, 1951-94 経団連週報. Tokyo: 丸善, 2006: Reproduces all issues of this weekly newsletter of activities of Keidanren, or Japan Federation of Economic Organizations, in PDF format
- Linguistic Data Consortium Corpora: Library has Callfriend Japanese (one DVD-ROM), Callhome Japanese speech (one CD-ROM), and Callhome Japanese transcripts (available for downloading from LDC website)
- Mainichi shinbun, 1996-2006 每日新聞. 東京: 日外アソシエーツ: Full text of this newspaper covering 1996 to 2006
- Nihongogaku ronsetsu shiryō sakuin 日本語学論説資料索引. 東京: 論説資料保存会: The latest index (v.1-43) to this annual compilation of academic journal articles published in Japan on Japanese language studies
- Sengo 50-nen Asahi shinbun midashi dētabēsu, 1945-95 戦後50年朝日新聞見出しデータベース (CD-ASAX 50yrs). 東京: 朝日新聞社出版局電子出版編集, 1995-96: Indexes to keywords appearing in Asahi Shinbun headlines, 1945-95
- Shinpen Kokka taikan 新編国歌大観. 東京: 角川書店, 2003: An index to classical Japanese poems
- Yomiuri shinbun, 1874-1970 読売新聞. 東京: 読売新聞社, 2002- : Full text of this newspaper from the first issue to 1970
- Bandō Katsuhiko shiryō sengo Nihon kōgai jiken shiryō shūsei 坂東克彦史料戦後日本公害事件史料集成. 東京: 柏書房, 2003. 75 microfilm reels: Reproduces ca. 4,000 items of a variety of original materials on the Niigata Minamata disease including legal and governmental documents, private correspondence, poster, and flyers produced and collected by Katsuhiko Bando, the lead lawyer for the disease suit, which lasted for close to thirty years between 1967 and 1996
- Daitōkyū Kinen Bunko shozō Edo bungaku sōkan 大東急記念文庫所蔵江戶文学総瞰 / 川瀬一馬編集. 東京: 雄松堂書店, 1972. 90 microfilm reels. Library has no.1-80 only: Reproduces a collection of Edo literature owned by the Daitōkyū Kinen Bunko covering a variety of genres; 878 wood-block printed books in 1,500 volumes
- Fujin sansei kankeishi shiryō 1918-46 婦人参政関係史資料 1918-46 / 市川房枝記念会編集制作. 東京: 日本図書センター, 2005. 53 microfilm reels: Reproduces more than 2,600 primary source materials in 80,000 items including pamphlets, posters, letters, diaries, and documents originally collected by Fusen Kakutoku Domei, a main organization of Japanese women campaigning for the right to vote, with which Ichikawa Fusae, a feminist, politician, and leader of the prewar women’s suffrage movement, was heavily involved
- Gordon W. Prange Collection: Magazines. 62,977 microfiches: Reproduces 13,783 magazines published in Japan during the Allied Occupation, 1945-49; part of the Gordon W. Prange Collection at the University of Maryland Libraries. To use this collection, see Research with Prange Collection Microform Set.
- Gordon W. Prange Collection: Newspapers and newsletters. 3,826 microfilm reels: Reproduces 18,047 newspapers and newsletters published in Japan during the Allied Occupation, 1945-49; part of the Gordon W. Prange Collection at the University of Maryland Libraries. To use this collection, see Research with Prange Collection Microform Set.
- Kindai Nihon Kirisutokyō shinbun shūsei 近代日本キリスト教新聞集成. 東京: 日本図書センター, 1992-95. 360 microfilm reels: Reproduces forty-nine newspapers and journals on Christianity originally published in Japan between 1875 and 1945
- Kokuritsu Kokkai Toshokan shozō kindai Nihon fujin zasshi shūsei 国立国会図書館所蔵近代日本婦人雑誌集成. 東京: 日本図書センター, 1992. 104 microfilm reels: Reproduces journals in women's studies owned by the National Diet Library of Japan published mainly in the Meiji (1868-1912) period
- Meiji nenkan fuken tōkeishō shūsei 明治年間府県統計書集成 = Collection of the statistical annuals of the respective prefectures in Japan for Meiji era. 東京: 雄松堂フィルム出版, 1963-79. 504 microfilm reels: Reproduces statistical data produced by each prefecture during the Meiji (1868-1912) period
- Meijiki fujin mondai bunken shūsei 明治期婦人問題文献集成. 東京: 日本図書センター, 1988. 72 microfilm reels: Reproduces books in women's studies originally published during the Meiji (1868-1912) period owned by the National Diet Library of Japan
- Seisen kindai bungei zasshishū 精選近代文芸雑誌集 / 早稲田大学図書館編. 東京: 雄松堂出版, 2001-08. 3660 microfiches. The set reproduces in twenty-two units all issues of 136 journals originally published between 1897 and 1945 covering fields including literature, theater, women's and youth studies, and art
- Taishō Shōwa nenkan fuken tōkeisho shūsei 大正・昭和年間府県統計書集成 = Collection of the statistical annuals of the respective prefectures of Japan, 1913-45. 東京: 雄松堂フィルム出版, 1966-71. 636 microfilm reels: Reproduces statistical data produced by each prefecture during the Taishō (1912-26) and Shōwa (1926-89) periods
- Taishōki fujin mondai bunken shūsei 大正期婦人問題文献集成 / 国立国会図書館編・所蔵. 東京: 日本図書センター, 1998. 214 microfilms reels: Reproduces books in women's studies originally published during the Taishō (1912-26) period owned by the National Diet Library of Japan