Stressed About Finals? The UCLA Library Can Help!
Continuing a successful program begun last year, the two largest UCLA libraries will be open twenty-four hours a day during tenth week and finals of the fall quarter:
- Powell Library Building: Open around the clock from Monday, December 2, at 7:30 a.m. to Friday, December 13, at 5 p.m.
- Charles E. Young Research Library: Open around the clock from Monday, December 2, at 7:30 a.m. to Friday, December 13, at 5 p.m.
The circulation desks will be open in both buildings during the extended hours, and bookstacks will remain accessible. Reference assistance will be available online. A BruinCard will be required to access these buildings between 7 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. on these days.
Stressbusting Activities: Chair Massage...Dogs...Meditation...
Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library
- Chair massage: Wednesday, December 4, noon - 2 p.m. Research Commons
- Coffee and Fruit: Tuesday, December 3, and Thursday, December 5,
10 a.m. Research Commons
English Reading Room
- Jigsaw puzzles, origami, snacks: Monday-Wednesday, December 9-11,
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Humanities 250
- Collages: December 2-13, Reading Room
- Frisbees: December 2-13, Check-out from Circulation Desk
- Mini-Concerts: December 2-13, Powell Rotunda, Research Library Foyer, Music Library
- Healthy snacks: December 2-13, Circulation Desk
Powell Library Building
- Silent Disco: Wednesday, December 4, 7:30 - 9 p.m. East Rotunda
- Therapy Dogs: Tuesday, December 3, and Friday, December 6, noon - 2 p.m. Group Study Rooms
- Drop-in Counseling and Biofeedback provided by UCLA Counseling and Psychological Services: Times and dates are being finalized.
- Guided Meditation: Wednesdays, 12:30 - 1 p.m. East Rotunda
- Coloring books/craft supplies: December 2-13, Night Powell and East Rotunda
- Origami: December 2-13, Night Powell and East Rotunda
- Coffee and Fruit: December 2-12, Midnight, West Rotunda
Science and Engineering Library/Engineering and Mathematical Sciences Collection
- Chair massage: Tuesday, December 3, noon - 2 p.m. Research Commons
- Origami: December 2-13, Research Commons
Charles E. Young Research Library
- Chair massage: Friday December 6, and Monday, December 9, 1 - 3 p.m. Lobby
Chair Massage provided in partnership with UCLA Fitwell