Stressed About Finals? The UCLA Library Can Help!
Continuing a successful pilot begun last quarter, the two largest UCLA libraries will be open twenty-four hours a day during tenth week or finals of the spring quarter:
- Powell Library Building: Open around the clock from Monday, June 3, at 7:30 a.m. to Friday, June 14, at 5 p.m.
- Charles E. Young Research Library: Open around the clock from Sunday, June 9, at 10 a.m. to Thursday, June 13, at midnight
The circulation desks will be open in both buildings during the extended hours, and bookstacks will remain accessible. Reference assistance will be available online. A BruinCard will be required to access these buildings between 7 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. on these days.
Stressbusting Activities: Chair Massage...Dogs...Meditation... Origami
Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library
- Chair massage: Tuesday, June 4, noon-2 p.m. First Floor
English Reading Room
- Jigsaw puzzles, origami, snacks: Monday-Wednesday, June 10-12, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Humanities 250
Powell Library Building
- Guided Meditation: Wednesdays, June 5 and 12, 12:30-1 p.m. East Rotunda
- Origami: Ongoing throughout tenth week and finals
- Silent Disco: Tuesday, June 4, 7-8:30 p.m. Rotunda
- Therapy dogs: Tuesday, June 4, and Friday, June 7, noon-2 p.m. Group Study Rooms
Science and Engineering Library/Engineering and Mathematical Sciences Collection
- Chair massage: Wednesday, June 5, noon-2 p.m. Research Commons
- Origami: Ongoing throughout tenth week. Research Commons
Charles E. Young Research Library
- Chair massage: Thursday June 6, 2-4 p.m. Lobby
Chair Massage provided in partnership with UCLA Fitwell