We encourage you to submit your application electronically, if possible. Contents must include:
- Application cover sheet (Microsoft Word form); Students must either email the completed form to email@example.com or send it by campus mail to Julia Glassman, 220 Powell Library Building, mailcode 951450, by the deadline.
- A 500-750 word reflective essay describing your research process: specifically, the methods and strategies you learned or developed to access the information you needed for your work. Tips on the essay's contents are available online.
- A final or near-final version of the project. If the project is a paper, it must be written in 12 point Times New Roman font, double-spaced, with 1 inch margins. If the project is in a format that cannot be submitted electronically, such as an architectural model, CD, or DVD, deliver it in person to Julia Glassman in the Powell Library Building, room 220. If the project is on the Web, include the URL on the cover sheet.
- A bibliography in a recognized style. Tips on the bibliography's format and contents are available online.
- A statement of support from the UCLA faculty member for whose class the research paper or project was completed. See below for details.
Applicants must email the cover sheet, reflective essay, research paper, and bibliography as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for the Statement of Support from Faculty
Applicants should ask the instructor of the UCLA course for whose class the research paper or project was completed to download and fill out the faculty/instructor statement of support (Microsoft Word form). Instructors must either email the completed form to email@example.com or send it by campus mail to Julia Glassman, 220 Powell Library Building, mailcode 951450, by the deadline.
Note: The selection committee will not solicit statements of support from instructors or send reminders. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure that his or her application package is complete.
Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of a completed application packet within two or three business days after receipt of all the materials.
If you have questions about the application procedure, email firstname.lastname@example.org.