SEL Study Spaces
The SEL Research Commons, located in 8251 Boelter Hall, accessible via the northeast elevator or stairs, provides flexible, technology-enabled spaces for UCLA students, faculty, and staff to do collaborative research. Tables and chairs can be configured to accommodate a variety of scenarios, including lectures and group collaboration.
Fifty-two-inch plasma screen with VGA hookup
Two dual screen Windows desktops and an iMac equipped with CLICC software
Three wall mounted monitors for laptop hookup
Six computer workstations
Whiteboards on wheels and three whiteboard tables
Group Study Rooms
There are two group study rooms available for two or more students in the Engineering and Mathematical Sciences and SEL/Geology-Geophysics collections. These rooms must be reserved in person at the circulation desk; a valid BruinCard is required. Wireless access is available in all library spaces.
SEL Reading Rooms
SEL Learning Center Presentation Rehearsal Space
The SEL Learning Center in the Boelter Hall facility is available to UCLA students, faculty, and staff for presentation rehearsals. Equipment includes a wall camera, wireless microphone, recording equipment, and computers through which users can record and view their presentations. For a personal copy of the recorded practice session, users need to bring their own DVD R/W disc.
Reservation and check-out procedures:
- Available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Reservations are required at least one day in advance.
- Users can sign up for two-hour blocks.
- Pick up room key, instructions for equipment, and directions at the circulation desk.
- All participants will need to give their name, BruinCard, and email address to the circulation desk staff member.
- Return the key to the circulation desk and pick up BruinCards when finished.
- No food or drinks allowed