- To prevent confusion for students and avoid unnecessary duplication of titles, materials should be placed on reserve at only one library for each class.
- Books from other UCLA libraries, except when already on reserve for another class, will be borrowed by the reserve library and kept there during the reserve period.
- Journals and reference materials from other libraries cannot be put on reserve.
- Check with reserve staff about policies on purchasing multiple copies of books and the recommended number of copies of photocopied material for items not available electronically.
- Materials on reserve are removed at the end of the course.
- Whenever possible, materials should be provided to the library electronically.